pdf of Guidelines with Submission Form
Thank you for your participation in the 2016 ALADN Communication Awards Program. We are eager to review the wonderful publications and materials your institutions are using to advance the library’s mission and donor relationships. The awards will be presented during the breakfast on Saturday, June 4, 2016.
The following categories will be reviewed by our panel of judges:
- Acknowledgement Letters
- Annual Reports
- Annual Fund Materials
- Capital Campaign Materials
- Case Statements
- Collections Materials
- Friends of the Libraries
- Library Public Relations Materials
- Marketing Samples
- Special Events (invitations, programs, Holiday, cards, etc.)
- Stewardship Materials
- Social Media Campaigns (NEW) – Examples of how you’ve leveraged social media to support your goals (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Crowdfunding, etc.)
A Best in Show will be selected by the judges as the single best item of all categories in the program.
Conference Attendees will have the opportunity to help select the “People’s Choice” Award representing the best item from all categories. Voting for the “People’s Choice” Award will be open from Friday, June 3, 10:00am – 5:00pm Please find the guidelines for entering materials below:
- Each institution may enter materials in no more than three categories. Items may have been printed or produced at any time, but should still be in use for marketing and development activities.
All awards materials should be shipped in advance to the conference hotel. Materials should arrive no earlier than Sunday, May 29, 2016 and be received no later than Wednesday, June 1, 2016. NOTE: Items not submitted for award consideration, which are to be displayed in the Marketplace, can continue to be received through noon, Thursday, June 2.
- Links to videos or a USB drive with the video file should be provided along with the submission form.
- Please ship materials to the following address:
Hyatt Regency Boston
Attn: ALADN June 2016 Brittany Pedersen,
ALADN Marketplace One Avenue de Lafayette
Boston, MA 02111
- Clearly label the materials you would like to be considered for the award program using the attached form.
- Complete one Submission Form for each category in which you are entering (limit: 3).
You may ship items for the Awards program at the same time as those for general Marketplace display. Remember, only items in three categories may be nominated for the awards and should be clearly marked.